Cat-a-Gram

From the Melville Cat:

Heather told me about her Instagram for Art’s Sake project. Since most of the Instagram photos Heather takes are of me (which makes sense — I’m the most interesting member of this household), I decided to submit my own post for the project. A Cat-a-Gram, if you will.

Instacat.

Here are my favorite of Heather’s Cat-a-Gram photos.

Cat and shoes.

Cat on birdbath. (I like drinking stagnant birdbath water. What’s it to you?)

Cat sleeping.

I don’t know why Heather wants me to include this photo. This is not even a real cat. But I’ll allow it.

I’m sure you will see more Cat-a-Gram photos in the future. Happy weekend from the Melville Cat.

• Reply interiorstockholm September 15, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Eugenia A Parrish September 15, 2012 at 6:56 pm

You have a beautiful knack for framing and content. I take pictures of my own cat, but I’m studying yours to get better (than snapshots). I especially like the one with the sun pattern and the shoes — I would never have thought of constructing it that way, but there’s so much character in the shoes, floor, window panes, etc. Thanks for sharing, Melville Cat!

• Reply 2summers September 15, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Wow, thanks so much. This comment just made my evening 🙂

• Reply Ellen September 16, 2012 at 1:19 am

Hi Smokey–nice photos.

• Reply 2summers September 16, 2012 at 10:34 am

Thank you, Great Auntie!

• Reply eremophila September 16, 2012 at 3:38 am

Hey Smokey, I can see it must have been hard work taming those shoes! And watch out for the dinosaurs lurking near the birdbath……it was really generous of you to allow that last photo – especially as it almost, just almost, outshines the first one!

• Reply 2summers September 16, 2012 at 10:37 am

Thank you Enivea. I laid down among those shoes hoping Heather would get the message that the shoes were invading my personal sunbathing space, and pick them up. Instead she just took my photo and walked away. How rude.

• Reply Owls September 19, 2012 at 2:36 am

He is so cute!

• Reply 4betterday September 20, 2012 at 5:27 am

I love your pictures! you really have an artistic eye 🙂

• Reply 2summers September 20, 2012 at 6:34 am

Thanks very much! I appreciate the comment.

• Reply Samuel Jeffery September 27, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Aaaah, those are such adorable shots 🙂 My favourite is the one on the birdbath 🙂

• Reply 2summers September 28, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Thanks very much, I like that one too.