I went to Mauritius for five days. I’ve concluded that everything there is beautiful.
I have lots to say about the trip and dozens of photos to post. But here’s a 10-photo teaser to prove my above statement.
1) The beaches in Mauritius are beautiful.
2) The hotels in Mauritius are beautiful.
The lobby at Le Prince Maurice.
3) The sunrises in Mauritius are beautiful.
Sunrise from Belle Mare Plage, the other Constance property where I stayed. The sunrise was like this every morning.
4) The sunsets in Mauritius are beautiful.
Pretty stunning. Although from where I was on the east side of the island, the sunrises definitely surpassed the sunsets.
5) The flowers in Mauritius are beautiful.
Hibiscus blossoms floating in a fountain at Le Prince Maurice. Hibiscus are everywhere in Mauritius, along with frangipani.
PS: Because of all the flowers, everything in Mauritius smells beautiful.
6) The birds in Mauritius are beautiful.
I lured this bird to my Prince Maurice balcony with room service. It’s called a red fody.
7) The food in Mauritius is beautiful. It tastes great, too.
Lunch at La Kaze restaurant, on the beach at Belle Mare Plage.
8) The markets in Mauritius are beautiful.
A woman shopping in the Centre de Flacq Market on a Sunday morning. I have many more beautiful photos from this market.
9) The dogs in Mauritius are beautiful.
I never got her name.
10) The people in Mauritius are beautiful (in looks and in spirit).
Yash (left) and Mala (right), a mother and son who run a market stall at Centre de Flacq.
PS: Mauritian people speak French and they also speak English with French accents. So everything in Mauritius sounds beautiful.
More Mauritius beauty to come in future posts.