I Fell in Love With a Squatter Camp
by 2summers | Jul 18, 2011 | Arts and Culture, Johannesburg, Townships/Informal SettlementsUPDATE (March 2017): I wrote this post six years ago, at a time when I was pretty clueless about life in South Africa and how to write about it. I regret the title of the post and the poverty-porn-like tone that much of its prose conveys. But I have a policy of never...
- A Weekend in Greyton (and a bit of Malgas) June 7, 2023
- Art in Downtown Joburg: Open Studios 2023 June 1, 2023
- Suurbraak: Paradise in the Overberg May 30, 2023
- Axe-Throwing in Johannesburg May 24, 2023
- Friday Morning at the Biggest Fresh Produce Market in Africa May 17, 2023
#gauteng52 africa animals apartheid architecture art birds blogging cats coffee covid-19 culture emotions food gardens grief hiking history instagram johannesburg lockdown melville Melville cat mountains music nature nature reserves parks pets photography pretoria quickie restaurant review restaurants shopping sight-seeing south africa soweto sports tours townships travel trees Washington DC weather wildlife