A Day in the Life of a Quirky Melville Tourist
by 2summers | May 25, 2011 | Arts and Culture, Food and Drink, Johannesburg, Markets/Shopping, Melville and SurroundsA few months ago, I promised to write periodic posts about Melville guesthouses, restaurants, and shops. I’ve strayed from that commitment — the majority of my posts these days are about the Joburg city centre or more far-flung places outside of town. So...
- St. Alban’s: A Hidden Cathedral in Ferreirasdorp March 22, 2023
- Quirky South Africa, Part 2: Bethulie and the Gariep Dam March 14, 2023
- Quirky South Africa, Part 1: Padstals of the Platteland March 6, 2023
- An Epic Journey Across Southern Namibia February 20, 2023
- Veldskoens: Southern Africa’s Favorite Shoes February 14, 2023
#gauteng52 africa animals apartheid architecture art birds blogging cats coffee covid-19 culture emotions food gardens grief hiking history instagram johannesburg lockdown melville Melville cat mountains music nature nature reserves parks pets photography pretoria quickie restaurant review restaurants shopping sight-seeing south africa soweto sports tours townships travel trees Washington DC weather wildlife